+44 (0)1506 635399 info@hookedoncycling.co.uk
+44 (0)1506 635399 info@hookedoncycling.co.uk

Essential Travel Information

Homepage > Information > Essential Travel Information

As a condition of travelling on one of our tours, you must ensure that you have all the necessary visa, passport, and any other immigration documents. You also need to check that you have complied with all compulsory passport, visa, immigration and health requirements before departure. All costs incurred in obtaining such documentation and complying with all requirements must be paid by you.

Important Information

Travel Visas

Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements.

For Visa and Passport information you can review this website  http://www.visaandpassport.co.uk/


British citizens must have a full British passport to visit any of the countries on our website.

If your passport is in its final year, please check the requirements of the country you are visiting – many nations will not allow you entry unless your passport is valid for up to a further 6 months after your return date. Entry requirements do sometimes change and you must check this before departure.

For more information see the UK government website www.gov.uk/browse/abroad/passports

If you or any member of your party is not a British citizen or holds a non-British passport, you must check passport and visa requirements with the Embassy or Consulate of the country(ies) to or through which you are intending to travel.


EHIC is for UK citizens only and lets you get state healthcare at a reduced cost or sometimes for free. It will cover you for treatment that is needed to allow you to continue your stay until your planned return. It also covers you for treatment of pre-existing medical conditions and for routine maternity care, as long as you’re not going abroad to give birth. For more information check out the NHS website.

Foreign Office Advice

Contact the Foreign & Commonwealth Office for travel advice before visiting any country. www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice